How To Get Airtel Nigeria’s WAP-MMS-Internet Settings Delivered Straight To Your Mobile Phone

airtellogoIn recent times, it has become kind of the norm to automatically have your network providers’ wap, gprs, mms and internet settings configuration delivered straight to your phone when you insert their SIM into your new phone.

This is known as OTA (Over-The-Air) configuration and as far as I know Airtel Nigeria, MTN Nigeria and Etisalat Nigeria still offer this automated service. Unfortunately sometimes, it fails to deliver and that is why Airtel Nigeria launched a platform where you can send the proper internet configuration settings to your phones in a snap.

If you’re dire need of Airtel Nigeria’s phone internet settings, here’s how to get them in 1 minute Winking smile.

Go to Airtel’s DMC page and enter your phone number and click OK as shown below.

How To Send Airtel WAP/MMS/Internet Settings Straight To Your Phone

Select the Brand for your phone, wait a few seconds for the available models for that brand to load then select the appropriate model of your phone. In this tutorial, it is the Nokia 6080.

How To Send Airtel WAP/MMS/Internet Settings Straight To Your Phone

One you’ve selected your Phone’s brand and model, click in OK and then select all the options as shown below. Click on Start to begin sending out the configurations to your mobile phone,

Airtel Nigeria's OTA WAP/MMS/Internet Settings

Confirm your previous selections and then click on Start again.

Airtel WAP/MMS/Internet Settings Ready To Be Sent

One by one, you’d have to click OK repeatedly to send all three settings to your mobile phone. Save the settings as soon as they arrive on your phone and if you’re asked for a password, use 0 and if that doesn’t work use 0000.

AIRTEL NIGERIA WAP SETTINGS TRANSFER

How To Send Airtel WAP/MMS/Internet Settings Straight To Your Phone

AIRTEL NIGERIA MMS SETTINGS TRANSFER

How To Send Airtel WAP/MMS/Internet Settings Straight To Your Phone

AIRTEL NIGERIA INTERNET SETTINGS TRANSFER

Airtel WAP/MMS/Internet Settings Completely Sent

NOTE: If you don’t have an Airtel Data Plan you’d be charged @ 15k per KB of data transferred. Also if you still can’t connect to the internet after saving and activating these settings, I suggest you text internet to 232 to activate full internet service.

In my next post, I shall be discussing Airtel Nigeria’s Internet Plans and Internet Subscription Codes.

Author Photo

Article written by On

Doctor by day, Blogger by Night.

I own a BlackBerry Z10, Lenovo P780, Lenovo Yoga 8, a BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Wi-Fi and a Dell Inspiron N411Z.

You can chat with me directly via Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and my BBM Channel C000B896A

27 Comments so far. Leave Yours Below

If you want to ask a question regarding anything, do please make use of the floating search bar at the top of this site. If you don't find what you're looking for, then feel free to ask your question

Most comments will get a reply within 1hr to 24hrs

Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

1. Ebenezer Adokwei says:

Hi Bro

Nice to be on your page.Wonderful work you doing on here.It good piece of information and hope will make a lot of difference with the rising challenges in our telecommunications industry.

I hope you can return me the favor by visiting and commenting on my page.

Thank you..Best regard.

2. salami adeyinka says:

thanks

3. Omojazu says:

Free world are billing me too much,pls do something.I luv Airtel 2much & can’t afford 2loose it.upgrate my web pls,tanks all fans of Airtel we luv u all,keep it up My network.

4. Mgbenwelu M.I says:

Hello Friend! Your internet setup steps is so easy, the best so far, but unfortunately, I was unable to push the GPRS/MMS settings to my Nokia 5130c-2(XpressMusic), after many attempts. I was made to understand that the setting for my mobile is not available. If there’s any other thing I should do or any other way you can assist me, please let me know, because, I can’t wait to browse with my cool Airtel sim(08087537565). NICE JOB, Thanks. >07061836529.

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

Hmmmm! If they ain’t sending the settings to your phonr, you have to manually configure it with the settings above.

5. Ochemba justice says:

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

Get the manual settings @ patchworkoftips.com/zain-airtel-internet-plans-settings-subscription-codes/415/

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

Get the manual settings @ www.patchworkoftips.com/zain-airtel-internet-plans-settings-subscription-codes/415/

6. Ochemba justice says:

Pls, i can’t see the settings for my nokia 5130c_2(xpress music). Help me and work it out because i want to start browsing with my phone. 07085186166.
    Thanks and remain blessed.

7. mannir says:

airtel Nigeria. Feel free, up course we are feeling this free.

8. Monday oghogho says:

I cant browse wit my zain phone i tired many it seems nt 2 work and they are nt charging that 12naira per a mint in all network

9. Marbel says:

Good evening, please, i need your assistant on how to browse with Airtel network on my mobile phone.I mean the recharge card that i will recharge to enable me have an access to browse or an extra connect that i will apply. Airtel has configured both my sim card and phone, and i have installed it.

Looking forward to receive a favourable response from your company

Thanks

10. Towumi680 says:

Hi. 9ce works.
    Pls how can i configure my GLO sim to be GPRS/EDGE enabled?

11. adeniyi oyedemi says:

Istill have more than 130mb in my data bundle, to expire on 16th of july 2012, but i can not access Airtel internet services. I use NokiaE5, and my phone no is 08023157542. Iam very disappointed as i have configured all necessary settings on my phone.

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

If you’ve been browing with it before now, you’re probably experiencing network issues. Have you visited Airtel customer care center?

12. Salimon tayo says:

Pls how can i surf d internet wit airtel using nokia e7

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

Simply make use of the settings: APN – internet.ng.airtel.com USERNAME/PASSWORD: internet/internet

13. NDUBEST says:

9ce work bro but i am so disappointed on airtel wap settings,i cannot brower anyother site but it open all d socie network on my fone like 2go, facebook, binu etc, i can’t understand Y so bro’s help NOKIA X2-01. Use to go for day plans , my fone is 08124286749

14. lawrence e e says:

am having problem with my htc exca100 smartphone, have been trying to congfigumit so i can connect. pls what can i do

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Lawrence: if you don’t know where to enter the airtel internet settings on your HTC Exca100 phone I suggest you visit the nearest Airtel office around you for assistance

15. Evang. Gideon Ikpe says:

I mean the airtel subscription codes

16. adeniyi oyedemi says:

It is very disappointing that i can only access the internet through the opera mini which is very limited. I can not access the internet directly on my NokiaE5 phone using the airtel network. Please tell me what i am not doing right. In all cases the error message reads-http://airtellive.com not available or has been removed.

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Adeniyi: check to see if your nokia e5 default browser uses a separate internet settings then configure it to use airtel’s Apn

17. Transporter says:

Please, i would really need a manual airtel Ng access point settings code or installation process. Thanks