Glo BlackBerry Social and Complete Internet Plan For N1,400

Glo BlackBerry Internet Sevice Plans

Globacom Nigeria has just shot down the price of BlackBerry Internet Service in Nigeria by releasing a new package which reduces the monthly BIS access fee to an affordable N1,400 ONLY.

Yep! You heard it right. Glo BlackBerry Internet Service is now N1,400 and for this price you get the following :

1. BlackBerry Messenger
  2. BlackBerry Mail example yourname@glo.blackberry.com
  3. BB-Built Social Networking & IM Apps: Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Windows Messenger, GTalk, Yahoo Messenger etc.
  4. 24/7 Internet Browsing
  5. BlackBerry App World Access
  6. 1 integrated personal email address of your choice like Yahoo, Gmail, AOL etc.
  7. 3GB of monthly data allowance.

As you may have noticed, unlike the previous Glo BlackBerry Internet Service plan, you can only have access to ONE personal email account so for those of you, who own businesses and manage different email accounts, you are better off sticking with the old BISMONTH plans which by the way have also been increased to 3GB Winking smile.

NOTE: The rest of this article is best viewed via a computer or mobile device with large screen ’cause it contains relevant images with subscription codes.

GLO BLACKBERRY INTERNET PLAN SUBSCRIPTION CODES

To subscribe to any of the Glo Complete BlackBerry Plans below, simply text the Keyword of your choice to 777. Example if you want to subscribe to the Glo BlackBerry Complete Month, you text CoMonth To 777.

CAUTION: If you were previously on BISMONTH and would like to migrate to COMONTH, you are highly advised to send CANCEL to 777 first. You should get a confirmation message that reads ” Your automatic renewal has been cancelled“. Now you can send COMONTH to 777 to subscribe for Glo BlackBerry Complete Plans ;-)

Failure to do the above might lead to your credit being automatically deducted and converted to BISMONTH.

Package Keyword Service Rental Validity Data bundle*
Complete Month CoMonth N1,400 30 days UNLIMITED
Complete Week CoWeek N400 7 days UNLIMITED
Complete Day CoDay N100 24hrs UNLIMITED

Source: Globacom BlackBerry Complete

As at the time of going to press CoMonth offers 3GB, CoWeek offers 700MB and CoDay offers 100MB.

After subscribing to COMONTH, you are advised to re-configure your email addresses again as if you have more than two, none of them will work until you delete one and reset the other.

For those of you who don’t need access to your personal email on your BlackBerry Device, you can get the new Glo BlackBerry Social Plans which offer access to everything except Personal Email.

NOTE: Previously Internet Browsing was NOT included in Social plans but seems like it has been added now.

GLO BLACKBERRY SOCIAL PLAN SUBSCRIPTION CODES

Simply text your Keyword to 777 to subscribe to any plan of your choice

Package Keyword Service Rental Validity Data bundle*
Social Month SoMonth N1,200 30 days UNLIMITED
Social Week SoWeek N400 7 days UNLIMITED
Social Day SoDay N100 24hrs UNLIMITED

Source: Globacom BlackBerry Social

To check your data balance and subscription expiration date, text STATUS to 777.

These drastic price reductions leaves me wondering if the GLO network is strong enough to handle the tons of people that will possibly migrate from other network to theirs. 3GB a month for just N1,200/N1,400 is a lot but I’m guessing that they are banking on the fact that most BlackBerry users don’t really download large files on their blackberry devices.

RIM might just have found a potential market in Nigeria for their BlackBerry smartphones Winking smile.

If you want to make good use of your 3GB of monthly allowance like I do, I highly recommended you get a BlackBerry device with OS 6 or upgrade your BlackBerry 5 to BlackBerry OS 6 and then install UC Browser and Download Manager For BlackBerry Phones.

If you find it difficult to upgrade to OS 6, you can also check out these functional download managers for BlackBerry Smartphones as well as PodTrapper Podcast App.

Author Photo

Article written by On

Doctor by day, Blogger by Night.

I own a BlackBerry Z10, Lenovo P780, Lenovo Yoga 8, a BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Wi-Fi and a Dell Inspiron N411Z.

You can chat with me directly via Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and my BBM Channel C000B896A

111 Comments so far. Leave Yours Below

If you want to ask a question regarding anything, do please make use of the floating search bar at the top of this site. If you don't find what you're looking for, then feel free to ask your question

Most comments will get a reply within 1hr to 24hrs

Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

1. andy says:

dis one na bomb (not Boko Haram type pls). Glo will ctnue to force other networks especially MTN to come to reality just like the arab spring. With this am on my way for my first BB next week. Wit ur guide about the BB desktop manager or somting, I will able to to fully use the 3Gbite on the move and @ home for just 1.4K. My problem now is choice, BB 9780 (63K) (battery :1500mah)? Ok, but small screen like my nokia E5. BB 9800(73K)(batttery 1300mah)? big screen, bt slide. Which one do I go for? Help me out.

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

I don’t like Slide phones so if I were in your shoes, I’d be choosing the BB 9780 though if you are used to typing on a touchscreen, the 9800 should serve you well :)

2. andy says:

tnx. Are you aware of the 25MB and 50MB for the recharge of =N500 and =N1000 respectively by glo? It last for seven days. Its working and I do use it on my 2nd fone. But the APN must be set to glo direect (glosecure), so instead of paying 5kobo per kilobite, they deduct from that promo until its exusted or expired.

3. andy says:

When u recharge 500 and 1000 glo, glo gives u free 25MB and 50MB which is valid for 7days

4. andy says:

ok. But when u reacharge, u wont see the promo when u check ur balance, call glo customer care or when u want to recharge, dail 123 for voice re
    charge, and after the recharge they will tell u ur balance and ur promo.

5. oyedele says:

This is good god will bless glo for considering poor people but I’m using mtn ,I will go and change it to glo now keep it up

6. meg says:

i did one month blackberry subscription for CoMonth but it has not been activated,i want to know why?

7. Akinwale Ogunleye says:

Good day, my BIS was renewed imediately i loaded N2800 on my phone, and without having to send text to 777 on monday morning, but my initial plan was to send CoMonth to 777; as i only manage one personal account.

Is there a way of switching to the Comonth plan? and if there is, how do i go about doing that?

if it is possible, will the remaining amount derived from switching from BisMonth to Comonth be converted to calling credit?

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

Ooops . Sorry man. There’s no way to reverse that. I suggest you send CANCEL to 777 now so that next month, it doesn’t autorenew

8. STEVEN says:

I m not enjoying the Glo BB internet services.bad network everytime.pls improve

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

I’ve never enjoyed MTN’s data services so I guess it’s all a matter of network in your area. Stick with the network that’s strongest for you ;-)

9. elprinz says:

I subscribed for the coweek for trial. It been good so far but I noticed they cut my credit as well. I guess this is the trick behind the price slash.
    I want to know if its just a unique problem or its general.
    If it is then this plan is rubbish because u will spend more on the long run

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

I and my friends are on CoMonth and our credits are not being deducted at all. I hope you didn’t set APN on your device. Call 171 or 333 to clear out the issue.

10. friday says:

Pls hw do u use PodTrapper Podcast app to download. Thanks

11. delemma says:

i pray glo doesnt discourage n disappoint bb users. My pin 221A5E19.

12. Ike Nedolisa says:

Has anyone out there been able to change from glo bismonth to comonth. Even after sending “cancel” to 777 and getting a confirmation I still get “you are not allowed to make this change. Kindly choose another data plan”.
    If you have, how did you do it. I still have a few hours left in my bismonth plan.

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

You might have to wait for your plan to expire before you make the change. In my case, I waited for the plan to expire, I recharged N1,400, sent COMONTH to 777 and in a few minutes, I was good to go.

13. Ike Nedolisa says:

Udegbunam thanks for the tip. Will see how it goes.

14. Ike Nedolisa says:

Udegbunam my man, d thing work just like you prophesy. After expiry of data plan
    I sent “CoMonth” to 777. Shortly after I received confirmation of new data plan. Thanks man as our elders say “Onye ajuju anaghi efu uzo”

15. richard dayo says:

is it actually true cos on globacom official site its stated boldly that it is 2800 naira but if true then am waiting for mtn oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

16. Kolwole says:

Nice changes,
    But why don’t glo just make the 2800 per month subscription an Unlimited bundle. Hate browsing with limits. I for one still prefer the 2800 subscription but the limited bundle is the problem.

17. Kolwole says:

Nice changes,
    So am sticking with MTN

18. adewale says:

please , how do i reconfigure ma email adds to one…am usin gmail and yahoo bt comonth plan require just one add

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

You could try forwarding one of your emails to the other email. Just Google how to forward emails to another email address

19. samuel Joseph says:

This service on Glo network is not real they are just eating up peoples money. I apply for past one week now and yet I can’t assess even Email on my phone. Useless glo netwook

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

Do please make sure the BB service has been activated on your device by calling 333 or visiting the nearest Gloworld center

20. Olluyeancah says:

will it work for smartphone users also like iphone and android?

21. Mukhtar says:

I actually upgraded my  9700
    from OS5 to OS6 and now its giving me a serious headache. I don’t have enough memory space on my device. I had to delete my  app world, screen muncher and lots of other applications to stop my device from hanging. I’m constantly carrying out a manual reset on a daily basis for the device to operate without slowing down. Is there anything I can do to stop this madness?

22. UCHENNA UGOH says:

helo chukwudi,will the same sim card o comonth work in a usb modem?

23. Mary says:

Hi,i actual jus got a bb n snt d CoMonth to 777,N1,400 was deductd bou 12hrs ago n stil nuffin.d rite hand corner of ma fone shows GSM n tot dat shld b EDGE? PLS HELP,TANX.

24. kolawole says:

I live in Warri & the MTN gets to 250kb/s at times. Can download as much as 600MB in a day

25. chidiebere says:

chukwudi u r doing a great job here, kip it up man. I wil go get me a glo sim. Bt pls do send me ya pin. Tnx

26. Dalex2us says:

Hi,
    Got this rave about Glo BIS. I got a new card as i was originally on MTN. However, when i sent CoMonth to 777. It always come back with “sorry, an error occurred. kindly try again later. i use blackberry storm 9530.

27. booberry says:

Hi

I tried the Glo Coweek and cannot access my email accounts not even my yahoo and tried to get back on the BIS plan. I sent an SMS cancel to 777 and reply said I’m not allowed to make this change, kindly choose another data plan. Please help! I want to get off this plan ASAP.

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

To get your emails, try deleting your account and seeting it up again on your bb device. That‘s what i did and it worked for me

28. Cuvoguy says:

Hi, i use a post paid system of payment for my glo, now i bought a bb and would like to activate it, do you think it will work since i can’t recharge normally. what do you think?

29. Idris Adeleye says:

Very lovely package. Using it right now. Although crawls sometimes. But pls how can i use operamini, wordpress app and 2go with it. Even the application world first took away my balance yesterday, although it still works. Thanks

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

Opera mini and wordpress works with it. Just make sure wordpress settings is set to BIS. For 2go you would need a separate plan

30. Idris Adeleye says:

Also, i don’t know how to check my balance

31. Idris Adeleye says:

Thanks! I will let you know if i finally get them to work

32. mallam makari says:

Does BB desktop manager work anymore, when tethering your BB to a computer? I can’t seem to do that anymore, without my credit being deducted. What a scam!

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

Tethering BB and using BIS only works with Airtel from what I hear. If you were using glo it’s possible you weren’t been charged ’cause you were using the free data they used to give for recharges above 200 naira. Which apn setting are you using?

33. femi says:

can the glo blackberry plan work on my nokia fone?

34. FESOJAIYE says:

TOP OF THE DAY TO YOU
    i stil av a mnth suscription on my b b4 i accidentally click phone wip
    and i tried to connect with d subscription on the same phone but doesnt display bb logo but only 3g..and no browser was displayed too….
    pls i need to connect to the internet bb contact plsssss
    kindly get back to me as soon as u got my mail
    jaiye

• Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

If the BB logo isn’t showing when connected to 3G that means the network is down as in connection to BlackBerry servers is down

35. ofunne says:

Comonth activation fee has been deducted from my bb line 08072632603 but i cannot browse and it reads down when i check the balance yet i cannot access anything.

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

Have you removed your battery and reinserted back into the device? Is this your first time using the BlackBerry?

• ofunne says:

have done that it welcomed me and i could browse but i was billed on my credit instead of the comonth deducted fee and i could no longer browse after the credit ran out.this is my first time using glo sim in my bb

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

What model of BlackBerry are using? Are you browsing with the default browser or Opera Mini? Do please note that if you watch a video online on your BB, you’ll be charged for it oh unless you have a second data plan

36. ikuegbevwerha.e.bridget says:

i subcribe with #1400. Pls activite my subcribe so that I can ping plase helpe me 08051103684

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

Just wait a little for them to send you a welcome message. You’d be asked to remove your battery and put it back in again

37. Kelechi says:

Glo network, keep me aglow! I love it!

38. Gboyega says:

pls kindly send me the code for the subscriptions. Coday,Comonth and Coweek. Asin *000*0# thks

39. ariri jp ebikefe says:

Blackberry is one the best phone so fa in the world to use.

40. Adedokun Seyi says:

please, what is the difference between Glo Social month Package(#1,200) and Complete Month Package(#1,400) on Blackberry plan…

41. felix says:

Have problem with ur network. Subscribe for BIS but my money continuing reducing anytime I browse. Have already call customers care. Trying calling 333 but isn’t going

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Felix: sorry to hear that you’re losing credit sir. Are you watching online videos like youtube videos on your BB too? What browser are you browsing with? Please also note that some applications don’t use BIS to access the internet so you have to be very careful with your app selection

42. adekoya kunle says:

Dear sir
    help me on my bb i subscribe 1400 it know browses, it tell me pending.

43. Muftau Abdulazeez says:

i suscribed but after somedays there was no EDGE on my BB & so icouldnt ping or browse since then. what could be the issue as my subscrition is almost ending without me enjoying even a day. could it have any thing to do with your network at GLO or what?

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Muftau: You ought to have called customer care to verify what the problem was sir. Do please note that GLO BIS is sometimes known to go down for days without warning or recompensation

44. Jessica says:

Glo has d worst network ever

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Jessica: lol. reception in your area could be poor or the network must really be messed up nationwide at this point in time ;)

45. Edmund says:

How do I get my Blackberry on the internet using Glo

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Edmund: simple load the required amount of credit for your plan of choice, making sure you have at least N30 extra on the line then dial or SMS the appropriate code for your plan.

Once you receive confirmation that your plan has been activated, remove your battery, wait 30seconds and put it back in to start enjoying your blackberry service on the Glo nigeria network :)

46. Greg says:

Pls will glo blackberry work on my phone because it has vodacom display on it when I switch it on? Its a curve 9380 tourch screen

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Greg: the only to find out is by testing it BUT I feel it should work ’cause I’ve seen some of such phones and they work without a hitch in most cases

47. Abk says:

Pls how can i use the data to nuse my computer to browse
    thanks

48. lazarus fidelis says:

Can I watch video on d comonth without glo cutting my money… How fast is d network…

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Lazarus: You can’t watch just any video on BIS. You’ll be charged but there’s a way to watch youtube videos on BIS without being charegd. Just search this site for that info

49. Jegson says:

I ve been using MTN BIS for d past 4months but now fed up wit their network failure. A friend told me dat glo is d best which am planning 2 switch to in feb. Pls can u assure me of glo BIS? I don’t want 2 use MTN again o.
    Thanks

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Jegson: Glo reigned once over here in Sokoto but now MTN beats dem all. It all depends on the network service in your area. For me MTN kicks ass at the moment.

50. Olukunle says:

Trying to get the difference between somonth and comonth and google threw up your page. I really love your analysis. You are doing a great job. Thanks for the enlightens. One more thing is it possible to upgrade BB 8520 from OS 5 to 6? Thanks

51. mercy says:

Deactive Glo secure ƒяσм 08070438695

52. Eve says:

Goodday,I loaded 2900 on M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ account,I tried sending comonth to 777, but M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ line was not activated, I mistakenly sent it to Bismoth, and M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ d sum of 2800 was deducted,pls how can I go back to M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ usual plan comonth.

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Eve: You’d have to visit the Gloworld office close to you to complain about though I doubt they can help you out as you made the mistake. All you can do now is deactivate auto-renewal so that when this BISMONTH expires, you can go back to COMONTH.

53. Tobiloba says:

Jst go tru dis and it look nice if it work d way u guyz said, cus am using mtn and its being a big issue for me to browse. want to swap nw to glo. Am expecting good from it anyway!

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Tobi: Just have it at the back of mind sha that quality of service depends on your location a lot

54. Ahmadu Bayaro says:

Gus day, pls help me with this problem I can not connect my glo BB wifi to my other phones what can I do to connect my iPad and phone with my Glo BB. Thanks

55. earnest says:

Please sir I subscribed to Coweek but still I get reply that my plan is not sufficient to use the internet or Facebook. Please I need help urgently

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@earnest please remove your battery wait for like 1 minute and put the battery back in again. In most cases that fixes the problem

56. earnest says:

My phone number : 08071308457

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Earnest this is not the official globacom site. Just do as I have advised and if it doesn’t work, please call customer care

57. benson peter olusoji says:

i dont have a bb phone, is there no plan for usb modem at all cos the once we have are not working

• Chukwudi Emmanuel Udegbunam says:

@Benson there’s a rumor that COMONTH plan works on pc, Android and iPhone but I haven’t tried it out yet