How To Activate Glo Internet Plan on iPad 2 and iPhone 4
Internet service in Nigeria is gradually building momentum and thanks to Globacom Nigeria, a good part of the population can access the world wide web at very affordable rates even on their BlackBerry Smartphones (N1,400 ONLY).
This tutorial was submitted by Bodunoye, who's one of the commentators here at Patchwork Of Tips. Hopefully for those of you who own iPads and iPhones, this will help get you set up to browse the internet on the Glo Nigeria network.
NOTE: Looks like this how-to article is targeted at folks who own an iPad 2 or iPhone 4. I really don't know if it would work for other iPad and iPhone models.
HOW TO CONNECT IPAD 2/IPHONE 4 TO GLO INTERNET
Walk into any Gloworld outlet and request for a microSIM as this seems to be the only kind of SIM that works on these devices. After purchase, please wait 24 hours for the sim to be activated on the Glo Network.
After the 24hr activation period, you still need to activate the sim by placing it in a phone that has a microSIM slot (Bodunoye used an iPhone 4). Once you have done this, dial 125 to make the sim active.
NOTE: Dialing the 125 doesn’t connect you to any service, it’s just to let Glo's server know the activated sim is now ready to use.
Now, load your credit and subscribe to your plan of choice. >> Glo Internet Plans and Codes.
After you get the subscription notification from Glo, go to internet setting on the iPad. It’s under Settings >> Mobile Data >> APN Settings. Fill in the blank spots as follows:
Now, exit settings and restart your device. Upon restarting your iPad, you should now be able to connect to the internet via the Glo network.
HOW TO LOAD GLO NIGERIA CREDIT ON iPAD
For those who use iPads, you can load credit via the Magic Plus menu: Mobile data >> SIM Applications >> Magic Plus >> My account >> Balance >> Recharge
That's all folks
Share Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+
You might want to read these too:
- How To Legally Browse The Internet Free On Glo Network
- 11 BlackBerry Internet Subscription Codes for Nigeria
- UPDATED! Glo Data Plans and Internet Subscription Codes
- Glo BlackBerry Social and Complete Internet Plan For N1,400
- Airtel Nigeria Data Plans and Internet Subscription Codes
- How To Cancel MTN, Glo, Etisalat & Airtel Internet Data Subscription
- How I spend N2,500 ($15) monthly on Unlimited Internet Access
- Glo–Nokia Mega Deals For Nokia Fans and Glo Subscribers
- Etisalat Nigeria BlackBerry Complete, Voice & Social Plans
- Google Chrome, Glo Internet Activation & ZTE Unlock
BBM Channel Enquiries (No Small Talk pls. Get straight to the point. Thanks): C000B896A