Motorola Photon 4G Mini Review: Android Delight For CDMA Networks
Motorola's Android 2.3 Gingerbread based Photon 4G was recently released to the public and looks like CDMA networks like Sprint! are bound to gain quite a number of new subscribers with this new device.
Running on a dual-core 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor with 4G WiMax speeds, a 4.3-inch qHD display and a dual-mode GSM/CDMA chipset, the major con this mobile device has is that despite offering support for GSM, it lacks GPRS, EDGE & HSDPA connectivity.
The Motorola Photon 4G makes its' debut as the first cell phone from Motorola to feature a built-in kickstand that makes watching videos hands free a delight. Surfing the internet and downloading files on the Photon 4G has never been easier and lightning fast with its 4G WiMax functionality.
Call quality as always depends on location and was pretty crystal clear at our end. The speakerphone is pretty okay with good volume levels and accurate audio reproduction.
The duration of the prepackaged 1,700 mAh battery on the Motorola Photon 4G takes a massive hit when used heavily in 4G Mode as it lasts just a little above 4 hours leaving you stranded if you're out and about without a spare battery.
The PenTile display makes pixelation of the screen, somewhat of a problem for those that pay extra attention to it and the MotoBLUR elements don't make things easier either.
Notable features of the Motorola Photon 4G mobile phone include
- Nvidia Tegra 2 1 GHZ, dual-core CPU with Nvidia GeForce GPU for awesome gaming experience.
- 3G CDMA EVDO rev.A, 4G Wimax 2500 and GSM support
- 540 x 960 pixels, 4.3 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors
- 16 GB of internal memory storage, 1 GB DDR2 RAM, 2 GB ROM with microSD card slot that supports up to 32GB
- 8 MP camera with 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus and dual-LED flash. Camera features Geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization with 720p@30fps video capture
- Media Player supports MP3/WAV/WMA/AAC/MP4/WMV/H.263/H.264
- Up to 10 hours (2G) and Up to 9 hours (3G) of talk time
- Bluetooth and micro USB connections with Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot; WiMAX 802.16 e enabled.
The Motorola Photon 4G is currently available to Sprint USA customers but should soon be widely released.
This is a guest post submission by Frank Olivera and all opinions expressed within are entirely his and not that of PatchworkOfTips.com
Share Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+
BBM Channel Enquiries (No Small Talk pls. Get straight to the point. Thanks): C000B896A