Nokia C2-00 Dual-SIM, Dual-Standby Quick Review
The Nokia C1-00 was released in the third quarter of 2010 to bad reviews as it just couldn't hold its own beside Dual SIM phones from companies like LG and Samsung. The only thing it had working in its' favor was its dirt cheap price. The Nokia C1-00 lacks dual standby function, Java, Internet access and a memory card slot amongst other things.
Well it looks as if Nokia took a hint and released the Nokia C2-00 last month, July 2011. The Nokia C2-00 is a huge improvement and makes quite an impressive effort at covering the weak spots of the Nokia C1-00.
FEATURES OF THE NOKIA C2-00 DUAL SIM DUAL STANDBY
- Dual-SIM, Dual-Standby functionality: two active phone lines in the same device
- GPRS/EDGE Internet Connectivity
- Hot-swappable second SIM: you can easily change the second SIM on the device without having to go near the battery compartment.
- Basic VGA camera with QCIF video recording @ 10fps.
- microSD card slot: this phone can carry as much 32GB of data all dependent on the size of your microSD card.
- Music Player: MP3/MP4/WMA/WAV/AAC+ supported
- Nokia Messaging and Ovi Chat
- FM radio with the ability to record your favorite broadcasts.
- Bluetooth 2.1 + microUSB port for data transfer and PC connectivity. The microUSB cable is not included though so you would have to spare a few bucks to get that one.
- 3.5mm audio jack: so you can use just any standard regular 3.5mm ear piece with the device.
- Java: now you can install your favorite games and apps like Opera Mini, Facebook etc. In fact it would appear that the phone comes preloaded with Opera Mini 4.2.
- Email Client works well with POP3, SMTP and IMAP4 protocols and supports multiple email accounts.
Price is currently fixed around $100 and looks okay to me considering the fact that in a few months time when better versions of this phone hits the market, the price will most certainly drop.
For Nokia fans out there looking for a dual sim phone on which they can have 2 phone lines active at the same time, the Nokia C2-00 is it.
Get yours when it hits the market in your country .
This is a guest post submission by Frank Olivera and all opinions expressed within are entirely his and not that of PatchworkOfTips.com
Share Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+
BBM Channel Enquiries (No Small Talk pls. Get straight to the point. Thanks): C000B896A