Samsung Galaxy S II Review: Best Android Smartphone Ever
Samsung has managed to outsmart smartphone manufacturers with the release of the Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II which till date has been touted as the best smartphone running on Android. So far so good, LG's Optimus 2X seems to be its major contender according to the folks at GSM Arena.
When it comes to design and display, the Galaxy S II is all slim plastic which really doesn't faze me at all considering the fact that it weighs just 116g and comes with an impressive 4.3” SuperAMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen display which allows for rich image viewing, high quality video playback and easy texting even in the sunniest outdoors.
Running on Google's Android operating system, v2.3 "Gingerbread", Samsung's proprietary Exynos 4210 chipset, a Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor + Mali-400MP GPU + 1GB RAM are responsible for the mind-blowing speed experienced on this mobile device.
Browsing the world wide web on the Galaxy S II gets a major boost with 21Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA speeds and some folks might be tempted to replace their regular USB Internet Modems with this phone.
Still on performance, the standard Li-Ion 1650 mAh its' packaged with, can hold its own a little above 10hrs to a full day though to achieve this one might have to disable heavy battery draining functions such as Wi-Fi and GPS. Turning down the display's brightness and avoiding long heavy internet downloads would also help to reduce the rate at which the battery power is depleted.
The preloaded Kies Air application allows you to wirelessly access and view your messages, images, videos, documents and a lot more on your computer's web browser using a local Wi-Fi network or hotspot.
With Polaris Office, business executives can easily view and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents with an excellent option to view PDF files too but the lack of a physical keyboard might make things a bit tricky at first for those who are used to fast typing speeds on their BlackBerry QWERTY keyboards.
TOP 9 FEATURES OF THE SAMSUNG i9100 GALAXY S II
- Quad-band GSM (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900) and quad-band 3G (850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100) support
- Android OS v2.3.3 Gingerbread
- Speed Enhancements: Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos chipset
- 480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen display
- 8 MP camera with 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus and LED flash. Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection and image stabilization included. Video recording at 1080p@30fps is TOTALLY possible and 2MP secondary video-call camera is included.
- Data connectivity with Class 12 GPRS and EDGE, HSDPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v3.0+HS and phone charging microUSB v2.0 (MHL)
- Superb Multimedia player that supports MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 video files and MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC audio files. You can enjoy the great audio playback quality with just about any 3.5mm headphones using the Standard 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Internal data storage capacity of 16GB to 32GB with microSD card support of up to 32GB.
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; to enable you move around freely while exploring the country without the fear of getting lost .
Samsung Galaxy S II Carrier Availability: In the US, the Samsung Galaxy S II is currently available as Galaxy S 2 Attain (on AT&T), S 2 Function (on Verizon), and S 2 Within (on Sprint). It's readily available via T-Mobile in the UK
Samsung Galaxy S II Pricing: An unlocked version of the Samsung i9100 Galaxy retails for just N87,000 in Nigeria at PTV Phones while at Amazon UK and Amazon US, it goes for somewhere in the region of £300 and $400 respectively.
This is a guest post submission by Frank Olivera and all opinions expressed within are entirely his and not that of PatchworkOfTips.com
Share Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+
BBM Channel Enquiries (No Small Talk pls. Get straight to the point. Thanks): C000B896A