Quick Tip: How To Delete – Reinstall Safari For Mac OS
Lately Opera for Mac OS X has been really draining my macbook's battery thus I've decided to shift all my internet browsing activities to Safari. Unfortunately the setup process wasn't smooth 'cause in the process of importing my bookmarks from an Opera bookmarks backup file, Safari started giving me lag, freeze and crashing issues.
I updated Safari to the latest developer version but that didn't fix the problem at all as the crashing and freezing started within minutes.
Deleting Safari was the only option left and it is not so simple as dragging the app to the trash.
How To Delete / Uninstall Safari For Mac OS X
- Launch Terminal via Spotlight or Applications/Utilities folder
- Type in cd /Applications/
- Enter your device password when prompted and then type in sudo rm -rf Safari.app/
- Check the Applications folder and Safari should be gone.
How To ReInstall Safari For Mac OS X
- Download the Safari for Mac OS X installation file from Softpedia or Apple Developers Program. I went with the developer version as I felt the crashing issues was related to the public version. The Developer version is 9
- Simply run the installation and you're good go.
So far so good, Safari is now working just fine on my macbookWhatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+
BBM Channel Enquiries (No Small Talk pls. Get straight to the point. Thanks): C000B896A