Airtel Nigeria Data Plans and Internet Subscription Codes
I've never been a fan of the Zain-Airtel Nigeria network 'cause I've basically never found one genuine reason to add them to the list of telecommunication networks I belong to. Their ever changing name is enough to put me off as it sends out a clear message: "We are so not ready for business!"
In the past I've written posts on subscribing to Glo Internet Plans, Etisalat Internet Plans and MTN Internet Plans. Recently a visitor asked why I had none on Zain-Airtel Internet Subscription Codes thus I decided to take time out to create this one .
Please note that in my experience, Globacom Nigeria offers the fastest internet connectivity in Nigeria at the moment. I've heard quite a number of folks testify to the fact that Airtel's internet speed kinda sucks but it's all about personal experience. For some, Airtel's internet connection is simply fantastic.
Quick Notice: If you have excellent Etisalat reception in your area, you might want to check out these offers of 1GB data allowance for N2,000 and 2GB data allowance for N3,000. Click here for more details.
If you're not interested, just continue reading to get the info you need below.
How To Get Airtel Internet Settings For Your Mobile Phone and USB Internet Modem
Setting up Airtel's Internet service ain't difficult at all. There are five ways of going about it.
- You can call the Airtel Customer Care on 111 from your Airtel line and they will guide you through the setup.
- You can visit any of the Airtel Nigeria offices in Nigeria and have the customer care reps setup the internet service for you.
- In the comfort of your home, you can send an SMS with the words "internet<space> phonebrand<space>model" to 232. Example "internet nokia N96". As soon as the settings have been sent to your phone, you accept, install or save them and if asked for a Pin, please use '0' or '0000'.
- You can send the settings to your phone via Airtel's DMC Page. You can read more about using that feature @ How To Get Airtel Nigeria's WAP-MMS-Internet Settings Delivered Straight To Your Mobile Phone.
- If you are a techie person, you can configure the device yourself using the settings below:
NOTE: If after using options 4 and 5, you still can't connect to the internet, try texting Internet to 232 to activate full internet service.
How To Subscribe to Airtel Nigeria's Internet Browsing Plans Using Subscription Codes
Airtel Nigeria has internet data plans for both Mobile Handheld/Smartphones/iPad customers and Data Card Customers. Both plans are freely interchangeable that is they can be used the other way round on either devices.
To subscribe to a particular plan, simply browse through the plans listed below, select the one that fits your budget, load the correct amount of credit to your phone or data card and then dial the corresponding USSD Activation Code for your plan.
Example: If I were interested in buying the Airtel Plus plan, I would load N5,000 worth of Airtel airtime to my phone or usb internet modem and then dial the USSD Activation code which in the case of Plus plan is *141*12*1#.
To check your remaining internet data plan balance, simply use the USSD string *141*11*0# or send STATUS to 141.
Please note that failure to subscribe to a data plan would result in being charged at PAYU rate of 15Kobo per Kilobyte. This 15Kobo per Kilobyte rate also applies to all those who finish their data allowance and fail to re-subscribe to another plan.
Hopefully this info would help all you Airtel Fans .
Share Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+
You might want to read these too:
- How To Get Airtel Nigeria's WAP-MMS-Internet Settings Delivered Straight To Your Mobile Phone
- How To Cancel MTN, Glo, Etisalat & Airtel Internet Data Subscription
- Airtel Nigeria Now Offers The Cheapest and Most Cost Effective Mobile Data Plan
- 11 BlackBerry Internet Subscription Codes for Nigeria
- BlackBerry 10 Data Plans For MTN, Glo, Etisalat & Airtel Nigeria
BBM Enquiries (No Small Talk pls. Get straight to the point. Thanks): 5628E52A