#Antioxidants are very much needed to deal with unwanted free radicals such as those that can trigger hyperpigmentation.
The Ordinary’s Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% and Pycnogenol 5% are just amazing for fighting such free radicals generated by UV rays, stress and environmental pollution. I’ve been using these two for over a year and loving them.
NOTE: They are formulated with Propanediol which some of you might find “greasy”
As always be sure to do a patch test before introducing a new product into your skin care routine.
An SPF50+ sunscreen blocks 98% of UV rays from hitting your skin but what about the remaining 2% that actually gets through? You can reduce the damage done by the free radicals generated by those 2% of UV rays, by incorporating antioxidants into your skin care routine.
My two all time faves will always be The Ordinary’s Resveratrol 3% and Ferulic Acid 3% as well as The Ordinary’s Pycnogenol 5%.
These antioxidants can be used on their own before sunscreen or mixed with other treatments before sunscreen. I usually mix them into my daytime and nighttime moisturizers.
WARNING: DO NOT mix them into your sunscreen!
NOTE: Most sunscreens come with antioxidants built into their formula already but I like to be extra and in my opinion there’s no such thing as too much topical antioxidants as long as you don’t react to them.
You can get more info on these products from the Ordinary’s website.
Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% https://theordinary.deciem.com/product/rdn-resveratrol-3pct-ferulic-acid-3pct-30ml
You’ll also like:
- Ambre Solaire Kids Wet Skin Lotion SPF50 Review -Sunscreen for Wet Skin
- Klairs Soft Airy UV Essence - TONYMOLY UV Master Aqua Sun Gel Review
- Kose Suncut UV Perfect Gel SPF50+ PA++++ Review - Super Water Proof
- Bondi Sands SPF 50+ PA++++ Sunscreens Reviewed
- How Blotting Paper and Makeup Application Affect Sunscreen Protection