Quick Tip Day
I finally downgraded my Lenovo Yoga 8 to Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 just now and I made use of the new SP Flash Tool 5.1 for MTK based phones and tablets.
It was pretty easy to use.
Click here to download SP Flash Tool 5.1 then extract the contents of the file to a preferred location on your PC.
Run the file flash_tool.exe
Click on scatter-loading and select your MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file
Make sure all listed files are checked and if any isn’t double click on it and select the appropriate file
Leave settings as Download Only as shown in the image below then hit the Download button
Make sure your Lenovo device or any other MTK based device is completely switched off then connect it to your PC and the flashing process will commence immediately.
Once it’s done, you’ll see the tick sign below and that’s all. Reboot your device and setup your device afresh.
Do have a great week ahead!
Please rate & share this article to help others. Thanks
You’ll also like:
- How To Update MTK Android OS With SP Flash Tool
- How To Downgrade Lenovo Yoga 8 Android 4.4.2 To 4.2
- How To Install MediaTek USB VCOM Driver For Windows 8/8.1
- No Root Fix: How To Change IMEI On MTK Android Marshmallow Phones
- How To Flash Lenovo P780 Firmware and Other Lenovo Phones