And so I got word last week via the Mobility BB Group that the new BlackBerry OS 220.127.116.116 for Blackberry Curve 3G 9300 was pretty much faster than past editions with less memory leaks and battery consumption. Thus I set out on what turned into over 3 hours of torture trying to upgrade from BlackBerry OS 18.104.22.1686 to OS 22.214.171.1246.
Despite having the new OS installed on my laptop, the BlackBerry OS upgrade just wouldn’t budge in anyway even via BlackBerry Desktop Manager or the BlackBerry Apploader as both of them kept giving me the same message.
There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available.
This time around Google was of absolutely no help at all as I tried practically everything online to no avail until I decided to run things via a different approach.
Without wasting much of your time, here’s how I managed to fix BlackBerry Desktop Manager and Apploader not detecting the new BlackBerry OS 6 on my system.
- Uninstall everything that has to do with BlackBerry/RIM on your computer and remove any previous settings as well.
- Wipe your computer clean of Junk Files using CCleaner and then clean/optimize your registry using WinASO Registry Optimizer after which you run CCleaner’s registry cleaner to complete whatever WinASO might have missed.
- Reboot your computer.
- Now re-install BlackBerry Desktop Manager BUT do not launch it yet! That is make sure that no instance of BDM is running on your computer even in the background. (By the way I’m using BDM version 6.0.9)
- Install your desired Blackberry OS and afterwards launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager automatically. (Click here to get BlackBerry OS 6.0.0706 for BlackBerry Curve 3G)
- Plug in your device and choose USB drive on your device.
- Wait for the new OS to be automatically detected and if it isn’t go to Device and click on Update my device.
NOTE: At this point, I faced another roadblock as the new OS still wasn’t being detected by BlackBerry Desktop Manager and I continued with the following steps.
- Shut down BlackBerry Desktop Manager and go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete any Vendor.xml you find in there.
- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where “YOUR_USER” is your username)
- On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where “YOUR_USER” is your username)
- Re-launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, connect your BB device to your computer and wait a few moments!
A notice should now pop-up on the screen confirming the presence of a BlackBerry OS higher than that which is installed on your device.
From there, continue the upgrade process which by the way has been well detailed by Techonia. Click here to see his article.
That’s all folks and remember this is how I fixed my own problem and got the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to detect the new BlackBerry OS installed on my computer and thus complete my BlackBerry Curve 3 OS upgrade.
If this doesn’t work for you, do please continue searching for a solution that works such as this one at the CrackBerry Forum.
If this tutorial works for you, do please let me know by retweeting it, recommending it or leaving a quick comment below.
Thanks guys :D
P.S: Happy New Year!
P.P.S: For those of you on BlackBerry Complete plans, do please note that after this upgrade BlackBerry Protect stopped working as it could now tell very well that I wasn’t using a full BlackBerry subscription.
Also due to lack of a spare battery and epileptic power supply over here, I haven’t really been able to test the battery consumption on the BlackBerry Curve 3G with BlackBerry OS 126.96.36.1996 but it seems to be doing pretty well.
Please rate & share this article to help others. Thanks
You’ll also like:
- Download BlackBerry OS 6.0 For All Mobile Networks
- How To Increase Memory In BlackBerry Curve 3G OS 6
- Step by Step Tutorial To Upgrading Your BlackBerry Operating System
- How To Watch - Stream YouTube Videos On BlackBerry With BIS Free
- Download BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.0 BETA