Though scheduled for an end of the year release, Android 4.3 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 leaked last week Wednesday and I was one of the many who quickly downloaded it. This leak isor the International version of the Note 2 with model number GT-N7100 and is said to feature amongst other things the following:
- Faster, more stable Android experience
- Samsung Wallet
- Samsung Knoxx
- Better color reproduction with sharp display
- Move apps to SD card
- Flipboard, Google Play Books, Games and Magazines preinstalled
- Tabbed Settings Panel
- Improved Notification Panel shortcut access
WARNING: The tutorial below is not the faint hearted and newbies to all things flashing. Make sure to back up your data before proceeding. Also it is highly recommended to do a clean install that is after flashing the firmware, run a wipe/factory reset on your device and setup your device and apps from scratch. This way you get a smooth experience on this leak
Download Android 4.3 Firmware For Samsung Galaxy Note 2
NOTE: Before commencing the download, I highly recommend you copy the file to your own PCloud account to avoid a situation whereby you’re suddenly cut off mid way due to too much traffic on the publicly shared link. Creating an account is pretty fast and PCloud supports resume downloads.
Click here to download >>>>> https://my.pcloud.com/#page=publink&code=XZ8qXZKc1Spl7GOYS4eefmmYhJ2LjvX95k (Use the Copy To My Cloud feature first)
Once you’re done downloading, extract the zip file using the password: wagnervaz
Do not copy and paste this password. Type it out when asked for it.
Upgrade Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 Procedure
It’s pretty much the same procedure detailed in my post How To Root The Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos starting from Step 3. Make use of the ODIN file that comes with this Android 4.3 Firmware.
Extract the downloaded firmware and load AP_N7100XXUEM16_CP_N7100XXEM16_CSC_N7100XAEM16_BY_WVAZ_DINK.tar.md5 under PDA, leave only Auto reboot and F.Reset Time ticked and hit the start button. DO NOT TICK re-partition.
Once you’re done, boot into recovery mode by powering off your device and pressing Home, Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time then run a Wipe/Factory Reset
How To Root Android 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
The same procedure in How To Root The Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos applies but instead you’ll be flashing this file philz_touch_5.15.0-n7100.tar.md5 (CWM Recovery) via ODIN and installing this one UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip (SuperSU Root) via CWM recovery mode.
Bugs I’ve Noticed in Android 4.3 Leak For Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Occasional freeze/lag
- Annoying Samsung Knoxx alerts if you restore a backup from say Titanium Backup Pro. In the end, I froze all references to Knoxx
- No torchlight: The Assistive Light is no more and you’d have to install a third party app to get that feature
- S-Pen Air View still shows pointer despite being turned off
- Bluetooth file transfer needs a few restarts to work right
Android 4.3 For Galaxy Note 2 Screenshots
Feel free to share this piece and leave your comments and questions in the section provided below. Do have a fab week ahead guys
Please rate & share this article to help others. Thanks
You’ll also like:
- Official Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Firmware: Download & ScreenShots
- Samsung I929 Galaxy SII Dual SIM Smartphone Announced
- All You Need To Know About Samsung Knox For Samsung Consumers
- Fairly Used Samsung Galaxy Note 3 For Sale
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5100 3G/Wi-Fi Review