I’m guilty of bitching about the internet speeds obtainable here in Nigeria on some mobile networks. My experience with MTN Nigeria’s GPRS/EDGE/3.5G service has never passed the 20KB/s download speed mark and my best so far has been a whooping 800KB/s with Globacom Nigeria 3.5G services which is why I sometimes miss Lagos.
No mobile network here in Sokoto offers 3G internet service though I hear Airtel Nigeria recently launched the service in Gombe so only the Big Guy above knows if Sokoto will be next.
If you’ve ever wondered which country has the fastest internet speed or the average maximum internet speed obtainable in your country, DataJack Mobile BroadBand is here to help.
The folks behind the US Based no contract mobile broadband provider recently released a top internet speeds related infographic based on information gathered from top mobile technology news sites such as Mashable, TechCrunch, Broadband Expert, Huffington Post and PC Mag.
South Korea, Hong Kong and Japan lead the list of top 50 countries with the fastest internet speed ever with Nigeria coming in at position No. 49 with 0.50Mbits/sec and Congo making the bottom of the slowest internet speeds list with a measly 13KBits/sec
Please rate & share this article to help others. Thanks
You’ll also like:
- Etisalat Nigeria's EasyBlaze 3.75G HSDPA+ Internet Plans and Codes Revealed
- How To Get Airtel Nigeria's WAP-MMS-Internet Settings Delivered Straight To Your Mobile Phone
- How To Cancel MTN, Glo, Etisalat & Airtel Internet Data Subscription
- Airtel Nigeria Now Offers The Cheapest and Most Cost Effective Mobile Data Plan
- Etisalat UAE Internet Data Plan Packages